Monday, July 22, 2013

Where to start?


This blog has been created to help my family and friends keep track of me while I travel the world.  Especially since I don't know if and when I will be able to contact people during my 6 month adventure (or as I like to think of it "getting lost and wandering around").

Here is a little background, for those of you stumbling upon this blog.  My name is Miriah, I'm 26 years old.  I am a United States citizen, originally from upstate New York.  I have been traveling quite a bit outside of the US since I was 16. ( I don't count Canada as travel, if that was the case I would have been traveling since I was less than a year old.)

My first destination was Puerto Rico for a family vacation.  Shortly after that 1st amazing and relaxing trip out of the country, I lived in Argentina as an exchange student. 

Since that year in Argentina I have had the travel bug, and always have the itch to see something new.  It helps that my parents traveled the world while they were young, bringing back all kinds of interesting things to perk my interest as a child.  Who wouldn't want to go to India where my mother's beautiful sari came from, or New Zealand where this strange stone weapon, (patu) sitting on my dad's desk, originally came from.

Since Puerto Rico and Argentina I have made it to ten other countries.  Ten countries in ten years is a pretty good way to travel, but I think it's time to rack up a few more and live a little before I have too much on my plate.


I am starting on a grand adventure on September 24th. My jumping off point has been my home for three years; Jeju Island in South Korea.  I have been working in Korea as an English teacher and finally have saved up enough money to take 6 months and travel the world.  Now that's a daunting task, so I narrowed it down a little bit.  Just 21 countries. ;)  This list is always changing so it could be more or less, depending on how far I can stretch my cash.

So this is where I start.  Prague, Czech Republic. I have no idea what I will be doing there, but that's where I booked my 1st plane ticket to.  


The meandering plan, right now, is to travel Europe until mid- November, then visit some friends in the Middle East until December.  In December I will take a whole month to try and absorb as much of the Indian culture (and as little of the sickness that often comes with India) as I can.  
                                                           Here is a real technical map of my journey to come. ^__^

Following India, in January, I will be exploring the parts of Asia I have missed.  Next, after having my fill of hot and fun exploits, I'm off to a wedding in Australia on February 1st.  From here my reasoning is that if I'm in Australia I might as well make a jaunt over to New Zealand.  Hopefully in New Zealand I will be able to fly off to my new job.... somewhere, or work for a little while until I find my employment.

So come follow me around the world.  I promise pictures and many adventures.

1 comment: